My Maps

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Here's a Google Map I've created to show where I plan to go. To get back to this post easily you can click on "Maps" in the menu bar. Eventually there will also be map of where I've actually been, which will probably a lot different than the plan. I may even add other close-up maps of my travels around a particular area, so you may want to check back here every once in a while.

You can also see this map in the side bar, but here it's much bigger. You can pan around on either map, change the view, and zoom in and out. Click any of the little blue markers or lines to read its label. You can also click on "View larger map" at the bottom of this one and be taken to the Google page where you can muck around even more.



View Larger Map

June 5, 2009:

Ok, rather that editing the original blue line from a hundred years ago, I've started a new RED line that shows what I've actually done! I thought it might be fun to see what really happens, compared to what I
thought would happen. Also, I really didn't have the inclination or energy to muck around with that original line... Let's just say that these days, I've got bigger fish to fry.

3 Comments:

Mitch said...

I love the mapping "Where am I" feature. I also really like the breadcrumb line for the order of your locations. The only thing I could not see was when in the travel you hit South America?

I absolutely love this blog! - Even before you have even left! I cannot properly express my level of jealousy!

Pam said...

South America comes after San Francisco - I just don't have the lines drawn in yet!

Deidra said...

Your route looks great and very similar to ours except after Asia we are heading down into Malaysia, Indonesia, and Australia instead of going South America.

Also looks like you will be leaving around the same time as us!

Happy Travels!

Post a Comment